November 22, 2016 by Heather
New and Improved Pumpkin Pie
Alternative to the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. Gluten-free, dairy free and much lower in sugar than your typical Pumpkin pie. Give it a try! It is absolutely delicious
- 1.5 cups almond, walnut or pecan meal
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 2 Tablespoons organic, grass-fed butter/ghee or coconut oil (soft but not melted)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs, free-range and organic
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- One -15 ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, from a can (not a carton!)
- Optional: 20 drops of liquid stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind and blend first 6 ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Using your hands (and lightly wet fingers) press nut mixture into a 10” pie plate, preferably glass (just makes a thicker crust on a 9” plate).
- Bake crust for 10 minutes (be very careful not to burn).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool fully.
- Meanwhile, put eggs, maple syrup, and stevia in food processor (or bowl with hand mixer) and blend well. Add remaining ingredients & blend just until combined, scraping bowl sides at least once.
- Pour into room temp crust and bake until an inserted knife in the middle comes out clean, 45-60 minutes. Allow to cool fully before eating to allow custard to set.
Fit With Fibro http://fitwithfibro.com/
Category Clean eating | Tags: clean eating,dairy free,ditch the meds,Fibro,fibromyalgia,fit with fibro,fitness,functional medicine,gluten free,health coaching,Lyme,lyme disease,natural remedies,plant based diet | No Comments