February 3, 2014 by Heather
Creamy Carrot Soup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 cup carrot juice or more broth
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and carrots; cook 5 minutes. Add apple, garlic, cardamom; cook until soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Add enough broth to barely cover ingredients. Bring to boil on high heat; reduce to medium low, cover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and salt. Transfer to blender with 1/2 cup carrot juice or additional broth. Or use hand blender. Puree 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Fit With Fibro http://fitwithfibro.com/
Please follow and like us:
Category Uncategorized | Tags:
No comments yet.